Thursday, January 25, 2007

Hello one and all.
Today I am sick, which can be looked at as a good thing, and a bad thing. Good because i skipped class which meant i got to stay home which means that my unbelievably busy life suddenly slowed down for a few beautiful hours... But also a bad thing because i feel crappy and i am crappy and i look crappy.
This all got me to thinking and I don't know how my life suddenly turned so busy. from school to jason to cleaning to babysitting to volunteering to girls night out to small group to the gym to homework and assignments to cooking to grocery shopping to friends and countless other things that just have to be done. I was reading a wonderful mothers blog and it was all about how life is so hurried, and i realized that i am in that rut as well. i don't know when that happened, but i get annoyed when someone isn't driving the right speed, it's like... can't they read the sign... and then you get stuck on scenic on sunday morning behind those two grandma's who are driving 40 and blocking both lanes... i get so annoyed, almost to the point of road rage, but really what does it matter, it's gonna take me two more minuites to get to church than normal and the grandmas feel more comfortable driving that speed. is it really that hard for me to wait. But i as well feel that i need to be there right now, and if you're in my way, move it or lose it buddy. i miss the life i used to live. in the country, never in an overly huge hurry, always early, never late, very calm, always organized, not yelling in my head for the old fart to get out of my way, never wondering if the driver ahead of you ever learned how to drive. wow... its sad really. Thats my life application for the week, starting today. I'm going to try to not be in such a hurry to get things done. I don't want to be rushing rushing to make life no fun. All i really want to do is live and die. My lifes in a hurry and i don't know why... theres a good old country song for y'all
Well... God bless, have a good day and try not to hurry. Make memories that are not blurry.

3 comments:

bevie said...

I agree with you Becky... when did life get to be so busy? I am at the point where I am excited that I am at home on a saturday night... that is scary and even sounds kinda nerdy. But really, when you have not been home all week...or weekend, a evening to yourself is just blissfull.

becky said...

Lol, definitely nerdy, but i totally understand, my laundry is making mount everest look small...

bevie said...

Tell me about it!
My laundry pile is bad enought with out having a broken washing machine... grrr.... how is it that both of us just happen to have broken washing machines?
We should start a support group for people who have large ammounts of clothing and are mourning the passing of their washing machines.